17 replies to this topic

#16 Boss Meri

Boss Meri

Advanced Trekker

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Most unbelievable experience I have ever had.  The bonds I formed with the porters will be a memory in my heart I will never forget.

Big thanks to Kilo and Sione.

Trek 831- best time of my life!

Beth - Trek 831

Attached Images

• group pic Brigade Hill.jpg

#17 Nathan Thomas

Nathan Thomas

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Share Your Kokoda Trekking Experience For A Chance To Win!

Posted Image

Congratulations on completing the Kokoda track.

Everyone who has trekked Kokoda has a story worth telling. Why not share it on DoKokoda.com

and inspire future trekkers?

It could win you a trip back to PNG, this time on a more relaxing note - an extraordinary holiday for

two at the TUFI Resort valued at $7,150!

Posted Image
Posted Image

You have joined a special group of Australians who have put themselves in the shoes of
the legendary diggers and PNG nationals who successfully intercepted the Japanese
before they took Port Moresby from the north in WWII.

We want you to share your story so that you can help us encourage other Australians to

take on the life changing challenge, learn about Australia's war history and give back to
the communities along the track that played such a crucial role in Australia's victory during
the Kokoda Campaign.

#18 Boss Meri

Boss Meri

Advanced Trekker

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

We have another great story written by Taz who walked the track with Kokoda Trekking back in May 2016 as part of Trek #1049. "WOW"!

"You hear that Kokoda is tough. . . but nothing will ever prepare you for the challenge that trek presents. Simply hearing the words “Kokoda” should bring people to their knees!

It is definitely more mental that physical but demanding in every way. Ultimately, that’s the attraction. It wouldn’t be Kokoda if it didn’t push you to your limits.

I re-connected with a friend, Alex who I hadn’t seen in over 3 years, we’d both found the same Kokoda trekking company and expressed our interest. So we chatted and decided it was on"

To read more about Taz's Story please visit the attached link.

Have you shared your Kokoda story?
http://www.dokokoda.com/wow/

Attached Images

• KOKODA-2016.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users